STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wildflower Wednesday...

If you live in the Maritimes, you just gotta love the Lupins! Like many things this spring, they are several weeks early. Usually they would just be coming into bloom right now, but in fact in many places they are almost past their peak already. I just couldn't resist sharing a few photos with you - these were taken very close to my home. If you are familiar with the award-winning children's book "Miss Rumphius" written and illustrated by Barbara Cooney, like me you probably think of her each time you see a drift of lupins. I wish there were more people like Miss Rumphius to spread lupin seeds far and wide!

I am glad to say I now have my vegetable garden all planted (yeah!!) and I'm about 98% finished with my annuals. Just a few more to tuck in here and there. Of course, I'm off to Corn Hill Nursery tomorrow with a friend; we've been trying to make our way there for about 10 years now... So who knows, by tomorrow night I may have more stuff to plant.... I like to look for "out of the ordinary" plants, so I'm hoping to find something different there... Like fabric, one can never have too many plants.
Peace,
Linda
"You must do something to make the world more beautiful". ~ Alice Rumphius

3 comments:

GailM. said...

Love the lupins Linda!! Beautiful colors.

Linda G said...

THanks for the lupin pictures. I was hoping that they would still be lovely when my parents drive here this weekend but I guess it will depend on the weather. We are busy building another garden but not as practical as vegetables. Will have to try the rhubarb muffins during the visit. THanks.

Anonymous said...

Lupins are definitely a favorite of mine too. You have captured their beautiful colors so nicely. Thanks for sharing. Lucy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...