STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, September 25, 2014

More Quilts!

Okay, let's continue with more photos from the KVQG Quilt Show...


"Poinsettia Sampler" by Juanita Allain, winner of Best Machine Quilting ribbon




"Mother Daughter Baskets" by Alice Chancey. Best Hand Appliqué winner. 
This quilt was absolutely exquisite and was certainly one of my most favourites.




                   Closeup of  "Mother Daughter Baskets" Such beautiful appliqué and quilting!



"Double Wedding Ring" by Juanita Allain. 1st place winner, Large Traditional category.



"How the Light Gets In" by Mary Hawkins. I'm not always drawn to modern quilts but I loved this one! Mary has very successfully arranged her blocks with value placement in mind to show just how the light gets in.



"Mountain Shadows" by V. Leigh Smith and quilted by Wendy Billing. I really liked this one- she has done an interesting variation of the French Braid by varying the width of the strips and the orientation, to represent the forested hills of New Brunswick - very effective!



Somehow I missed photographing the card for this wallhanging so I do not have its proper title, but I know it is of an iceberg (from Antarctica I believe?) by the very talented Juliet Nowlan. My friend Sandi who journeyed to Antarctica last winter, said Juliet has captured the colours perfectly.

Piece!
Linda

Every quilter has a masterpiece within.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing photos of the show quilts. It's great to see what's being stitched across the country.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's amazing to see the beautiful designs and workmanship in these quilts. I've been looking at quilts on Etsy but it's hard to tell much about them. Sweet hugs, Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...