STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Garden Favourite






I love clematis! Sadly I have little luck with my own. I think it's a combo of not being in the right spot (not enough sun) and the fact that my hubby cut it back severely a few years ago, and it has never been the same since. Some varieties of clematis like to be pruned back and some don't. Guess which one mine is? Right - the "please don't prune me" type. Anyway, I am lucky to have three neighbours on my street who have GORGEOUS clematis and I drive by them each day and admire their beauty. So here are a few photos for you to enjoy too. Aren't they wonderful? (Thanks to Don, Greg and David for allowing me to photograph their beauties!)











Peace,
Linda

"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." ~ Alfred Austin

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aren't they pretty! Clematis won't grow here, it's a bit too warm for them, but less than an hour away up in the hills where it's a bit cooler gardeners have success with them.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Beautiful! I don't have any luck with Clematis either. I have given up buying them and switched to Trumpet Vine...yes I know they are nothing alike except..they are both vines.
xx, Carol

eileeninmd said...

happy Sunday, your clematis blooms are gorgeous. Lovely images. Have a happy new week ahead!

Lorraine said...

These are beauties - I love clematis and LOVE PURPLE!

KaHolly said...

I love it, too! But it's so expensive, I've always been afraid to buy it and then kill it. Very pretty!

Donna said...

I am swooning over the multitude of purple colors! I had great luck with clematis at my previous home, and had poles set out for them to climb. I'm sorry that you aren't having much luck!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Gorgeous clematis blooms! The colours are wonderful...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...