STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, August 9, 2015

More Challenges

After finishing the previous post showing some of the Hoffman 2014 Challenge pieces from Maine Quilts 2015, I thought "I should link back to my post which showed the Hoffman  Challenge pieces from the Florida World Quilt Show." When I looked back to my January posts, I realized I had never shown them, so guess what? I'm showing them today! So these are entries from a different travelling collection of the same 2014 Hoffman Indigo Challenge. I'm sure you will recognize the same featured fabric. Enjoy!




Bienvenidos
by Laura Ruiz
of Florida

This entry won Curator's Choice,
Mixed Technique category


















Ray, Stevie and José
by Ann Turley
of California


















Copper Butterfly
by Danielle Ketcham
of Montana
















Flower Power
by Amber Lippold
of Michigan











Funky Flower Fantasy
by Zinia Lewis
of California























Pickle Dish Dance
by Diane Morrow
of California













As well as quilts, the annual Hoffman Challenge has categories for both wearable art (clothing) and dolls. Here are a few of the dolls. My photos of them are not that great but I'm sure you can at least appreciate the amount of work in each of these creations The Matador really caught our eye... I apologize for not having the names of each entry, nor their creator's names.   :(





Piece!
Linda

"To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong." ~ Joseph C. Pearce

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

More creativity......sometimes it can be difficult to believe that all those pieces started with the same fabric!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Art quilts and dolls...DOLLS! I would have been in heaven.
xx, Carol

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Oh, they are so very beautiful, both the quilts and the dolls! The combination of colours is lovely.
Thank you for sharing and have a great day!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness you got a picture of my quilt! It's nice to see it out in the world! Thanks for posting these pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...